Monday, April 30, 2007

Reality is setting in

We are moving for the summer. And I have been realizing lately how much I am going to miss about summers here. I am going to miss being able to walk everywhere. To the grocery store, post office, parks, J. Crew, library, farmers market, just about everywhere we go in the summer, we walk. And I am going to miss our friends. Meeting up with other moms and kids at parks or on rainy days, the McyD's playplace or mall playground. This would be our third summer here and I feel like I know where to take kids for fun things to do and my kids are easier to take everywhere.

I am going to miss the familiar. I am going to miss our city. I am going to miss our friends. I am going to miss our farmers market with awesome produce. I am going to miss our shaded park, two blocks from our apartment. I am going to miss our neighbors and watching Sage play with their dog. I am going to miss the beach. I am going to miss Libby's italian ice. I am going to miss Pepe's Pizza.

I am ready to settle somewhere and live there longer than two or three years. Will we ever? And where will that be?


I leave you with a picture of a street full of cherry blossom trees, a street one block away.

1 comment:

  1. Chunk, I have cherry trees, a park within walking distance and a dog. You can come visit me when you start to miss CT. I am excited that you will be within driving distance this summer with free babysitting! I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!