Friday, April 27, 2007

You have to walk before you can run




My son, Kolby, is 13 months old and not walking. It isn't surprising, he was born with bilateral club foot so he should be on the lower end of the normal scale. I am not worried or nervous that he won't walk, his feet are perfect. After all the castings and the 22 hours a day wearing the dennis browne bar, his feet are absolutley beautiful. I serve a Big God. I have written about him before. I had prayed that God would help Kolby to start rolling back to front when he was showing no signs of rolling at almost 8 months. God answered my prayer with a resounding YES! It was so exciting to me and still is. In fact, I have tears in my eyes remembering my joy. I have been inconsistently praying that Kolby would start walking by the end of May. He would be 14 months old. But, I realized the other day, that I have been praying without faith that God would do that. Meaning, I am praying but I don't believe that Kolby will really walk by the end of May. In my mind, I think that end of summer is more realistic. So, I am telling you that I am praying with faith, believing that my God can help Kolby walk by the end of May. If you want to pray too, that would be wonderful.

I am excited to say this publicly because I believe God answers prayer. I know that he doesn't always answer the way we want or in the timing that we want but I am excited to see what happens and I will let you all know if God answers yes or no.

2 comments:

  1. Kiki I am praying with you. I forget and assume that God won't answer our small little prayers. Beth Moore wrote in one of her books that we need to have faith even for a cold. It is hard to believe that God would care about my runny nose, but I need to have faith that he would even WANT to heal me from my stinkin' runny nose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying. Thank you for such an inspirational post!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!