Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday

I have to admit that Good Friday and Easter have snuck up on me this year. Usually, I like to take time to read through the crucifiction and just dwell on what Jesus and God did for little old me. So, I am using this outlet to dwell!

Since I have two sons, I don't have any idea how God was able to give his son Jesus for me. And the death that he died, was not an easy one. Jesus didn't die in his sleep. He was murdered. He was booed and hissed. People hated him. I can't imagine the pain that God was feeling as he watched his little boy go through all that. I can't imagine how his heart broke when Jesus cried "Abba!" or when he asked "take this cup from me, but not my will but yours be done." (Those are both my paraphrases) Nor do I think I would be able to give my sons up for other people. I guess that is why I am not God.

Good Friday. An interesting title. What is good about Jesus dieing on the cross? Shouldn't we be sad and mournful? No! We should be rejoicing because he gives us eternal life. I can't imagine how wonderful it will be! Have you told anyone? I haven't. I should be shouting it. But I am afraid of the scorn. How pathetic I am and yet, he died for me! I am so undeserving.

Thank you Lord, for sending your son. Thank you for allowing him to die on the cross. Thank you Jesus for sacrificing yourself! I can't wait until Sunday to be able to shout out loud HE IS RISEN INDEED!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Okay - you challenged me. I have about 20 minutes of naptime left. I will get reading right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristy - you are right I can barely give my kids to grandma for the weekend let alone for other people!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!