Monday, April 09, 2007

Thoughts on a Third Stroller

I have started running. More like jogging. As I jog, I get passed by runners, but ya know what? I am okay with that. I am okay with that because my motto is "Slow and steady finishes the race." And because my lungs might explode if I ran any faster.

In December, my friend challenged me to run a half marathon with her at the end of April. I was nervous to commit because 1) I am not a quitter. If I think I can't do something, I just won't do it. Probably not the best reasoning, but that's me! 2) 13 miles! 3) I hadn't ran since Sage turned one and that was only twice because then I found out I was pregnant with Kolby. 4) See number 3, I was pretty sedentary. But with encouragement from my husband and friends. I said okay. And then I found out that there is a 10K (6.1 miles) at the same time and I set my goal for that. I have been running, er, jogging about 3.5 miles. I haven't been getting out as much as I would like but love it every time I do.

I have always wanted to be a jogger, someone who can go run more than one mile and feel good at the end of it. I have always looked at those people with awe. And now, I am one of them. Although, I have a hard time calling myself a runner because I am so slow. 3.5 miles in 39 minutes, not too impressive. But, slow and steady finishes the race. The best thing about running? Time to myself. Time to listen to my music. Time that I am not answering why or putting a pacifier in someones mouth. Although, I would love a double jogging stroller. Why, after all the great things about running alone? Because, it is hard to get out when Drew is around. I have only gone an average of twice a week and would like to go more. And because the boys love it. They love to ride in the stroller and look around. Kolby can be the fussiest baby but put him in the stroller and he doesn't make a peep. Being outside makes us all happier and feel better when we get home. But, Drew says a jogging stroller is out of the question because that would mean we have 3 double strollers and that is ridiculous. In my defense, we have only purchased one and it was used. So, I guess i will just have to take what I can get and run when Drew is around!

1 comment:

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!