Thursday, April 12, 2007

No Title

It has been a long week. Yesterday, I finally got to go running (4 miles!) while Drew took the boys to the park. We needed that time. Time away from each other, time for me to exercise, and time to be outside.

Today was our first morning this week that we would be able to leave the house. And it was 30's and pouring rain. To the mall! There was an indoor playpark that a lot of families took advantage of today. And a McDonalds for lunch. We got home just in time for naps and for some mommy friends to come visit. These visits are a blessing and difficult. Sage rarely naps while they are here, just too different from our normally pin-drop quiet apartment and so he "plays" with the 18 month old boy who comes with his mom. There are many lessons in kindness and sharing. In other words, conversations are short, started and stopped, and sometimes forgotten. I don't really get to talk or think through what they are saying. And it makes for a day of no kid breaks for me. So, now it is 5:00, dinner has been thought of enough to know that I have no idea what we are going to eat and I just want to lay down and take a break.

I know it is just one of those days and that tomorrow will be a new day and I am excited to be able to start fresh!

1 comment:

  1. chicken fhaitas - man I long for a mommy break and a trip to a good play park - count yourself lucky

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!