Monday, April 16, 2007

Exuses, excuses

I didn't post yesterday because:

It was the Sabbath.

Our power was out from 10 pm to 2 am.

It was raining.

I had other things to do like... relax, wash diapers, put away the stuff from Sam's, meditate on the sermon.

Insert witty reason here

*************Abrupt subject change*****************

We went to a different church yesterday. It was pretty big with a lot of people. The nursery system was the best we have seen out here. Both kids were checked in, given a tag to wear and were both assigned the same number so if they needed me, 401 would pop up on the box. I kept checking expecting Bo not to make it through but he did. They even changed his diaper, but they did put him in Sage's pull-up! You would think that someone working in a nursery would realize that a 13 month old wouldn't be wearing a pull up and oh! the thing I took off him wasn't a pull up. Oh well. And, I am a little weird but a total stranger changed my babies diaper. I just don't like that, I don't know why. And I said when I dropped him off, I just changed him before we left, so he should be good. Seems like a waste of a diaper.

Yeah, the service was pretty good too. Albeit, lllloooonnnggg. The pastor spoke for 1 hour and 15 minutes. All in all, I think we would go back. We haven't found a church where everything "clicks". The church we have been attending, just isn't for us. Kind of a minor thing, is with the nursery. Sage just doesn't like it. He doesn't cry, he just doesn't want to go in. And when we pick him up, he is usually playing by himself doing something weird like cramming playdoh into a dolls mouth, by himself. He doesn't play with the other kids there. But, at the other churches that we have attended, he runs into the room, with a huge smile on his face and doesn't look back. And, when we go to parks or whatever, he tries to play with the other kids. There is just something there that isn't quite right. We can't put our finger on it, but we are going with our instinct and making this next Sunday our last. We happen to be in Kolby's nursery. It would be different if he acted the same at every nursery or around other kids.

We aren't ready to call any church "home". I think we jumped in a little too quickly last time. We'll try to do more research and visit more places.

2 comments:

  1. "cramming playdoh into a dolls mouth" probably not intended to be funny but I just laughed my butt off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand the church thing. We really like our new church in IC, but haven't met any people our age with kids - partly our fault. I think that your instincts are probably right - have you been in his class for "duty" and does he do the same thing?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!