Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Post I Brag About Me & my friends

Today was THE day. The Nutmeg State Half Marathon and 10K. I ran the 10K (6.1 miles) with two friends and one friend ran the half marathon with her husband.

It was a great morning for running, about 50 degrees and cloudy. It sprinkled just a bit at the beginning, but didn't last long.

The first two miles were tough. We started off straight up a hill and the hill went for a good mile and a half and I am not exaggerating. It was hard because I hadn't gotten the feel of it, meaning I hadn't gotten into a groove and BAM up, up, up and up some more. After the first two miles, it got a lot easier. We talked a little, passed somebody, and just had fun. I know it is hard to believe that we passed someone, but we did. I was pretty excited to pass him and if we had another mile, we totally could have taken a couple more! Slow and steady finishes the race!

After the race, we went to Marty's Cafe for brunch. It was a fun morning and I am so glad my family was there to share it and I never would have done it without my friends!

Debbie, me, Tara (ran the half marathon) and Katy


Over half way!


Sage running his own race while waiting for mama.


The Big FINISH!


Just because he is so stinkin cute!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! I wish I could say that running sounds like fun, but I would much rather take a brisk walk! I save the running for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - congrats! I can do a lot of things, but I don't think I could ever run that far!

    And thank you so much for your excellent comment regarding the milk controversy on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great!! And how wonderful you were able to run with friends, too. Your son's a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!