Saturday, April 14, 2007

Because I don't want to fail

I am writing this post at 9:26pm. We just got home from New York City. We went to the International Auto Show and Top of the Rock. Both were fun. Top of the Rock completly blows Empire State Building out of the water, it is so cool. I am so exhausted from walking around and it was just a long day.

As I sat down to write this, I told Drew what I was doing and told him I committed to writing everyday. He asked when I had last fulfilled a commitment to read my Bible everyday. Ouch. But, it is true. I have never read every. day. Sure, I have read the Bible through in a year, but even that was with somedays playing catch up and reading two a day. And as I think about why I seem more committed to this, it is because someone could point out that I failed, this seems public but reading my Bible everyday is personal. I don't usually get asked if I read everyday and I don't write everyday what I read about. I am sort of chewing on those thoughts and thinking maybe I should make a public challenge to myself. Maybe I should have a snippet of what I read everyday on my blog... Definitely requires more chewing!

2 comments:

  1. yikes - I need someone to help me just get going on reading my Bible!!!

    Man to live so close to several big cities - and you want to move back to the Midwest???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like conviction is there! I enjoy reading your blog. I just started one last week. Check it out!
    benberberich.blogpot.com
    Sarah Berb

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!