Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Small Big World

Since I am a blogger, I read blogs and since I have email I receive and send email. My point is that my big world seems small with so much communication coming in and going out. I love it. It also brings to mind that there are so many people to keep in my prayers.

Like my friends baby who is 5 months old and wiggled his way out of his grandfathers arms leading to brain surgery. He is doing great! Praise the Lord! The surgery was a success and he is home after 10 days. They were visiting family in Iowa and the mom and kids will stay while the dad travels back to Texas to work. Continued prayer is needed for them, obviously.

Like my friends baby who is 15 months old and has a brain tumor. She is going through chemo and the tumor has shrunk but there is still a long road ahead.

Like my blogger friend Holli whose mom was just diagnosed with a type of lymphoma.

There are many others. A lot of times, I will just send up a prayer as I read but I don't go back to the site again. I don't always know what to tell people. Of course, I tell them that I will pray for them. But do they realize that I am sincere? Do they realize that I am praying to a BIG God, to the one true God?

3 comments:

  1. That is so true. We are in many ways a much more closely connected world than ever before. I'm curious how you got to Noah Steven's website. Adrienne was an RD at the college I went to and a classmate sent me the link a while ago. Such a tough thing to go through. You are so right about our Big God though.

    Krista Laser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista,

    I have no idea, I don't remember how I found it but I am so glad that I did. I'm sure that I clicked through somebodies blogroll. I just don't know. And that proves the whole small world thing, isn't there something about 6 degrees of seperation?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chunk - a gal at my MOPS table asked for prayer for a friend with a 5 month old who was dropped on his head by his grandparent and is at UIHC. It sounds like the same baby. Is he/she doing alright now? Kers

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!