Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Happy May Day!

Is anyone doing May Day baskets? I wish we were, but I don't have anything to make for them and I can't get to a store.

Anyway...

I found an addicting website called Etsy. It is a place for people to sell homemade stuff. You can type in anything you are looking for. I typed in headbands and found this wonderful lady out of Seattle. I bought a headband from Target and was wearing it quite often, but by the end of the day, it was giving me a headache. I am so glad that I found the perfect fit headband. I ordered one tentatively, because what if she thought they were the perfect fit but I thought not. I received it in the mail a couple of days later and put it on right away. By the end of the day, I was hooked. Drew thought it was really cool and liked it a lot, so I got back on and ordered two more! One of the best features, is that they are reversible, so for the low price of $7, you get not one but two awesome headbands! I can wear my hair down or up with the headbands so they make me look just that much more pulled together in two seconds!

She did not ask me to write this nor did I receive anything free, I just love them so much I want everyone to know. And I have been checking back to see if there are any other fabrics I need...

5 comments:

  1. I'm addicted to etsy. I'm not selling much from my store... at all. But I'm certainly cranking the bucks into everyone else's stores - LOL!!!

    I already planned out Mother's Day stuff. Nothing traditional. Nana got a Jimi Hendrix Trunk shirt identical to one of mine that she covets, and Faith got her an amazing Wizard of Oz necklace that we bought off of... Etsy!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO there...I LOVE the headbands! Is it bad Lucy's in her crib playing so I can work? I just started working for Dan's company today and am excited! Anyway, I love your blog...I have been posting pics but took them all down because I'm afraid some stalker will see them? I know, I'm a dork! Anyway, I keep thinking I'm going to see a pregnancy announcement on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info - I stopped wearing headband because of the headaches - thought it was just crazy me. I looked at the site and they look cool. I will let you know if they work or not!

    Previous comment: If you go by Babywise they say it is good to have them in their crib for some time everyday so that they can focus on their toys. It worked for my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Criddlegirl#4. I am now in love with ESPY! Thanks for the info. Please continue to blog everyday.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Etsy will be the death of me and my piggy bank!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!