Thursday, November 08, 2007

My Life as a Celebrity




I was thinking after I wrote On Running what would happen if I could switch lives with a celebrity for a day, week or month?

Well, it wouldn't be so much a switch since a celebrity wouldn't really be able to live my life of grocery shopping and going to Target with a stop in at Starbucks, inside Target.

More, what would happen if I lived the life of a celebrity for a little bit. I mean the whole thing, kind of. What if I had a nanny, cook, house cleaner, whatever celebrities have for themselves? But, also the paparazzi, the bodyguard, the wearing disguises etc.

What would life be like? Would I be able to handle it?

My first thought, is of course! Who couldn't handle it?

And then, I think of the scrutiny. I can hardly handle my self imposed guilt let alone someone mentioning out loud to my face (on a tabloid) that I gained weight, went outside without make-up or whatever. I would probably melt down at the first criticism.

Would it be fun for a day, week or month? Or would it be awful?

Would it be worth it to be able to afford those clothes and have someone do your hair? It would be fun. Maybe. For a little bit.

But it wouldn't bring my life more joy or more meaning. I would still struggle with being content. I still wouldn't have all the answers to life's big questions. Basically, it boils down to this, money won't bring me happiness, contentment, self-worth, just things. And reallly, life is not about things.

What is life about? That is a post for a different day.

Don't forget, you read it here first when you see this as a reality series!

1 comment:

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!