Friday, October 10, 2008

A New Day

I'm sitting at the computer listening to my children sing loudly at the top of their lungs and Sage comes down to share this: "Mom, we are upstairs, praising the Lord!"

But that wasn't what I wanted to write about today. I just thought it was precious.

My level of patience this week has been zero. Zero. Surprisingly, when my patience level is low, very low, the kids don't have that great of a day either.

We were on our way to church on Wednesday night and I said to Sage, "You have done nothing but whine and complain all day."

And then I thought, but what have I done all day? Maybe I am not as vocal as Sage but in my mind and heart, I have only been whining and complaining. Hm, wonder where he gets it?

But you know what, it hasn't been just a day. It's been all week. The week of No Patience.

Even this afternoon as I was trying to take a nap with Sage I was getting so annoyed that he would move and how dare he move in a bed while he is looking at a book and make it so that I can not sleep!

Everyday I think today is a new day. My patience will have returned. And then they want breakfast. And Kolby starts with his "Mama. Mama" every 2 seconds and never follows the "Mama." with anything but another "Mama."

I took this week as a laying low week. Sage has a cough that just won't go away, so we haven't been to the gym all week. I thought that would help with my patience since I wouldn't be trying to rush out the door in the morning so I could get on the elliptical right as Regis and Kelly were starting. But, no. I have still been low on patience.

And, I know what your thinking, mom, pray for patience. I sure have. Many times.

And many times have I apologized to my kids for not having patience.

But tomorrow is a new day. A day where I will be away from the kids most of the time at a womans retreat. And then a new week.

And you know what is coming next week? Pictures of the baby/guest room completed! Even though, there is only one wall of wallpaper border scraped so far. It will be done by Wednesday the 15th.

Patience!

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate, and I only have one. When my husband came home from work one day last week I said, "I don't know if I had a bad day because Micah was so crabby and whiny, or if he was crabby and whiny because I was having such a bad day." It is amazing how much we affect one another. Hang in there. I can only imagine that you are very tired, and that only makes it harder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome to be working out this late in your pregnancy!! You rock, girl! I think my working out stopped around 16 weeks...I was jut too tired and I used the excuse that I got my heart rate up too high :-). I'm glad I found out about your blog. I'll make sure to check it often!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!