Tuesday, October 28, 2008

37 Weeks and Counting

The only exciting thing that I have going on in my life is this baby and how soon it will come out. I know, not terribly exciting, unless you're me or my mom. It just freaks Drew out to think how close we are to having a newborn in our house.

So, I am at the same place that I was last week. Nothing has changed. He said possibly you will have this baby in the next 7 - 10 days. I think he might be lying.

Sunday and Monday I felt really good, I wanted our house clean and picked up and I was doing laundry like a madwoman. It made me think that nothing had changed. I just felt so good. The baby isn't resting on my bladder anymore so I can go more than 20 minutes before I have to find a facility.

And all this makes me think back to when I was a mere 10 weeks and they told me after an ultrasound that I was really 11 weeks. It makes me think that they were off. And that would put me at 36 weeks. And then this would all make more sense.

But, in the end, does it really matter? Not really, but right now it matters because the more weeks along I am, the closer I am to feeling comfortable again. Maybe I'll be able to make it a whole day without saying "My belly hurts." or "I need to lay down because my belly hurts."

The other really exciting thing in my life right now? The weather. It has been drastically cooler here this week and it has been so lovely. It was 50 degrees this morning. I wore a sweater and jeans. And took the sweater off after lunch but still. Sage talks about how freezing it is and how perfect it is for us to make a fire and roast marshmallows in our fireplace. Guess it's time to call that chimney sweep!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'm so happy the weather has finally gotten nice for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's exciting to me too! I had to laugh about Sage thinking 50 degrees is freezing. It was cold here today, and Tate came in to change to his old winter coat since he was working outside with Glen. He asked if he actually had to wear a coat. I told him yes, he actually did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about the week change so early on. Good theory. Then if he's early you'll be surprised. Hey - when do we get to see pics of the room?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristy, I'm lovin catching up with you on your blog. We have one too, dannyandjessie.blogspot.com.

    Can't wait to see pictures of your three boys!!!

    We just found out we are having a girl!

    Jessie 'Baker' Vasquez

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!