Monday, October 13, 2008

Doctor Appointment

I had my 35 week check up today. And an ultra sound. The tech said it was a bio physical profile. She checked amniotic levels and the baby's movements, listened to his heartbeat and something else. She was surprised at how low he is, she could barely get to his head to check on something else. I could have told her he was low because of the nightly hiccups I get to experience. Not quite as strong as Kolby's but hiccups none the less. She guesstimated his weight at 5 lbs. 10 oz. A little guy!

The doctor did my group B strep test so checked things out. I had also told him that I had quite a few braxton hics on Saturday. When I say quite a few, I mean, they weren't stopping unless I was laying down.

I had been at a woman's retreat until 2:30 and was so uncomfortable during the afternoon sessions. I just couldn't find a way to sit that was comfortable with my belly and it was like one long braxton hic. I got in my car to come home and had had it. I was so tired and so needing to lay down.

I took a wrong exit on the way home. Traffic backed way up. Enter contractions that are harder that I was actually breathing through a little, not bad but very uncomfortable and I may have started crying.

I finally got home and waddled into the house and burst into tears. Drew didn't know what to do with me. I laid around the rest of the day. I was the useless parent in the house.

Sunday, I felt much better but still had a few contractions.

Anyway, the point of this is to say, I feel much better today. I know to go to the 4th floor of the hospital.

Oh and also, I'm a few centimeters dilated already. The doctor made a comment that as long as I stay just a few centimeters, we'll let him stay in as long as possible. Pray that I can be strong and insist that it is okay for me to walk around 4 - 5 centimeters dilated and that this baby will get bigger, stronger and develop everything in time.

With Kolby I was at 5 centimeters at 36 weeks. I know how my body works but I do get anxious at the end. Anxious for details that I have no control over.

I just keep laying it all at the Lord's feet. That's what he's there for anyway!

6 comments:

  1. I love you, Chunk, and the little Chunker that is anxious to come out. Praying for you in these last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, goodness! When I remembered that you had both boys early-ish and dilated so much so early, I thought, "Wow, 35 weeks really means something to her!" You are in that nerve-wracking, exciting endgame stage now. Now me on the other hand, with my induction at 41.5 weeks to have Grace-- I think I'm going to still be in denial that we're really having a baby at 35 weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. It seems like you just announced your pregnancy? I so understand those late pregnancy tears of gritty frustration. Everything seems magnified and one thing piles on another...

    You are blessed to be able to dilate like that! It takes a bunch o' pitocin and buckling contractions just to get me to 3cm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Drew and Kyle could relate when it comes to not knowing what to do at times with their pregnant wives! I'm praying that everything goes smoothly for you when you go to deliver. I also can't wait to hear what you guys have decided for baby names---I think me and you think alike when it comes to naming our babies. I get so frustrated when people ask what names I like but then frown or say something rude, it's like didn't you learn if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all?! I try and be the bigger person but that's not always easy--especially with all my extra hormones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your heart! I know how miserable I was for the rest of the weekend after the retreat. I can't imagine how tired you were! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!