Sunday, May 27, 2007

On the Road Again, I just can't wait to get on the road again

After 5 short hours tomorrow, we will be to our destination!

Today was another smooth sailing kind of day. I can't say enough how good my boys are, it is amazing. It doesn't bother me in the least that Kolby ate a bag of goldfish, a box of raisins, chocolate milk, one chicken nugget, one apple, some macaroni and cheese, a bag of teddy grahams, some gatorade and some juice. (That was lunch and dinner included in that list and he did eat a whole banana for breakfast.) I give him a small bag of toys and he takes everything out and throws them into every crevice that he can find and believe me, we are packed like sardines so there are plenty of crevices. I am a little scared to unpack the car and find all the food he didn't eat and just threw!

After stopping at McDonalds for lunch again and getting the big Shrek and the donkey in our happy meals today, (yesterday was one of the baby Shreks) Sage informed me that he wants baby Shrek on his cupcakes for his birthday! He has never seen any of the movies so I guess the marketing through McDonalds is working.

We bought the movie Prince of Egypt to watch on our trip and made a big deal of giving it to Sage and letting him watch a new movie. He asked to turn it off half way through.

Sage broke down five minutes from our hotel. He woke up from his nap and his pull up was wet and he wanted changed. We were at a gas station and I told him we would have to wait. He cried until we got to the hotel then I showed him the pool and he forgot about it and so did I. Then we came to our room and his jeans suddenly got wet and I was like oh no, your pull up is leaking. And I started to take his jeans off and he started crying again and then pee started coming out his jeans. I took him to the bathroom and he finished peeing on the floor. He did get to go swimming and he is so funny. He told me he didn't cry in the pool or when he took a shower.

They are both asleep in our luxurious hotel room with granite counter tops, a pull out couch, a portable crib, king size bed, fridge, and microwave, and free Wi-fi!

1 comment:

  1. What did we do when we traveled as kids?? Boring hotels (no wi-fi) no tv's with cool movies. Just arguing and fighting with your brother about who was over their line!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!