Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Settling

I think this is how I will feel all summer. Like I am settling into something. A different house, a new routine, a new YMCA, a new car. Just settling in for the next 3 months.

It is exciting and a little bit draining too. Drew hasn't started work yet, so this week we are settling into a routine with him around. Next week, the boys and I will start settling into our own routine.

We got a membership to the YMCA, signed the boys up for swimming lessons (yea!) and started working out there this morning. The boys seemed to do okay with the huge room and huge group of kids. It is like the church nursery times twenty! Sage told us that he and Kolby cried. But the workers didn't say anything, although the same girl that checked them in, checked them out and I doubt she had left the door the whole time. I think it will work out. Sage wanted to go but said he would like to come back sometime.

Sage and Kolby are both starting in the Skip swimming lessons, so I will be in the pool with both of them. Although, we have to do two different swim times so that they can both have my full attention. It will be a mad dash since we only have 5 minutes in between classes! I think Sage will love it and Kolby will hate it. I hope and pray that Kolby will get used to it. I am going to try to take the boys before we start, so we can go over our rules and hopefully Kolby will be less scared since it is a zero entrance pool.

Drew's dad wants me and the boys to use the mini van for the summer (we drive a Saturn). So in a few days, we will be settling into a new van (for the summmer).

So, the name of the game is settling. Do you think that in life I will ever feel settled? When we go back home, I will know we are on the nine month countdown of moving again, but where? Maybe that will help me clean out closets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!