Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mothers Day

It is hard for me to put into words the way I feel about Mothers Day. I remember not long ago, not really remembering Mothers Day, cards were always late, maybe I would remember to call, but now? Now, I wonder why the whole world doesn't stop for Mothers Day. And honestly, I feel like this is the first Mothers Day that I have felt this way, even though it is my third Mothers Day celebration. Something hit me today or this year or sometime.

Something that I can't quite explain. Something that is so fierce, so overwhelming, so scary. The pastor this morning was talking about what an impact our moms have on us. He was talking about Timothy and how his grandmom and momma taught him about Jesus and to love the Word of God. How, I have that power to instill the love of the Word to my kids. How, I have the power to show them that we base decisions on the Word, on what God says.

My mom showed me that. She showed me that even through tough, hard things, stick to what the Word says and you will be blessed because of it. Tough, hard things that the world and your family are telling you to do one thing, that it would be okay this time, but God isn't super clear in the Bible but we know that to do things His way are always the best, even when it seems like the hardest way.

My mom also showed me her love for the Scriptures. Many times, when I would be coming down the stairs, rubbing sleep from my eyes, she would look up from reading her Bible and writing in her journal and give me her good morning smile.

My mom also showed me the power of prayer. She kept prayer journals so she could look back and see what God had answered and how. I know she still prays for me, my husband and my kids. I know I can pick up the phone and hear her pray for me.

We laugh about how "preachy" she can get and sometimes, we tell her to stop, but it is always good stuff to hear. She can just keep talking about it like the energizer bunny.

Love you, mom! I guess I should have written this in your card, (which you will probably get in the mail tomorrow, heehee) but it just came to me!

3 comments:

  1. "To God be the glory! Great things He hath done...."
    I love you Punkin!!!
    Mom XOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guarantee your mom read this and bawled her eyes out and smiled! I can just see her dimples! Love you KikiRi! What a great mom you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy is even like a mom to me. I love her dearly and knows that she is a great prayer warrior!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!