Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Starbucks

I’ve always been a little envious of people who get to sit in Starbucks sipping something yummy and typing on their laptop. And now, I have entered their ranks.
I sip my white chocolate mocha iced and type this. I know I only have a little over a month to enjoy this phenomenon and then a new little boy will be with me where ever I go. And if he is like my first two, sitting nicely in his car seat while I type away, won’t happen.

But, I have a problem; I don’t know what to type. I can’t think of what to say. Nothing interesting so I think I should write something funny, but even that, I am having a hard time with.

It’s Tuesday again, which means Mothers Day Out. Today has gone smoother, less running around with my head cut off, more getting errands accomplished. But I haven’t really wanted to get them done.

I crossed a few off my list because I just didn’t want to. Nothing important. Nothing life threating. Just looking for things to hang on our walls. Because, again, it probably won’t happen if it doesn’t happen before this baby is born. Or it will just take a year or two longer.

I did buy more water and a package of diapers just in case Ike changes paths again. It doesn’t look like we will get hit, but it won’t hurt to have one more package of bottled water. It won’t go bad.

I also got more paint samples for the baby’s room. Because the plan is to paint in there this weekend. See, the important things are getting done.

The hype for these hurricanes is turning out to be worse than the bite. Rain and wind, I can handle. It is when we start making plans to leave that gets me a little scared. Twice now, we have emailed our friends asking if we can crash with them if need be. Already, we have heard enough stories to know to get out of Dodge if things look bad.

The worst part is that these chairs are kind of uncomfortable.

Now, I’m starting to think I should have gone to the mall to look for a birthday present for Drew, it’s on Sunday and I have zero ideas.

**I'm home now. I even picked the boys up early from MDO. Did you know that 2 year olds take naps and 4 year olds watch videos for a rest at MDO? I kind of feel jipped. I thought we would get home and the kiddos would conk out so I could recover from my morning of errands. Then I had the brilliant idea to go swimming. Except it's Tuesday. I know that means nothing to you, but our pool is closed for super chlorination on Tuesdays. So, my second plan is a dvd. Toy Story for the million and eighth time.

1 comment:

  1. well, I feel like I just had a cup of coffee with you and laughed hysterically!
    that was funny and if they gave my kid a nap I'd demmand my money back!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!