Friday, April 03, 2009

Classic April Fools

UPDATE: Drew did not, is not going to lose his job. Thank you for caring about us! And sorry I did not make that clear.

Wednesday I realized it was April Fools Day right as I was about to jump in the shower. Drew was in Austin for a work conference and had been gone since Monday. I decided to send him a quick text.

"I'm pregnant!"

Almost immediately, I got back, "WHAT?!"

And I hopped in the shower. And giggled the whole time. Seriously, I couldn't stop laughing at myself.

Drew, however was not laughing. He was calculating where the next car seat would go in the van, if we had enough car seats, how old Levi would be, etc. Let's just say, he wasn't to the excitement phase.

I'm still giggling about it y'all.

He stepped out of his get to know you meeting to give me a quick call.

I had to decide if I wanted to keep it up all day or let him in on my joke.

I reminded him what day it was and he was so relieved.

About two hours later, I get a text.

"We were just told all employees hired in the past 12 months will be slowly let go over the next 3 months. There will be some severance."

My heart dropped into my stomach, I let out a deep breath. And texted him back.

"Not a funny April Fools Day joke."

And then prayed that was true.

5 comments:

  1. That is too funny! So....??? Was Drew's text April Fools?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both were jokes, right?

    ...right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how many men got freaked out by their wives tell them they were preggo on april fools. :)

    we were going to do that to our family but didn't.. maybe next year. :)

    britt

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative....and nice! I am glad you didn't make Drew be in agony too long - I can only imagine his state of mind....especially getting back at you!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!