Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Suburbia Randomness

I am not sure what to write and usually when I am feeling this way, I just stay away from my blog.

I must admit, I am feeling a little lonely here in suburbia. It is so weird because there are people everywhere but everyone is in their own world. We went to the park this afternoon and were the only ones! Sage asked why we drove to the park and didn't walk.

Driving here is so easy! There are huge parking lots everywhere you go, I never have to parallel park or need change to plug $1.25 per hour in the meter.

There are so many stores here. Too much shopping. And everything is the same, by that I mean, everything is a chain store. It is weird/funny to travel through out the country and see how everyone is a lot the same and a lot different all at the same time. I should expand on that...

I am blaming my sadness/loneliness on suburbia and moving somewhere new, but honestly, that probably isn't it. I haven't been reading my Bible or keeping up in my prayer journal lately. I have excuses, but they aren't good. I know it is what keeps me going, keeps the joy in my life and yet, it is so easy to putter out on it. I wrote in my prayer journal today so hopefully I am back in the game and will get rejuvenated quickly!

I am missing my own home and my friends. Three weeks before we moved, a really nice family moved in two houses down. She is a stay at home mom and has a two year old girl and is due the 16th. I was sad to leave them. I would have loved to make a casserole and buy a new baby gift to take over. We did get to play with them several times, especially since they have a yard!

Drew's first day of work was yesterday, he leaves at 6:45 and gets home at 6:15, thanks to a one and a half hour commute. It is a long day and he is tired when he gets home. It should be an interesting summer.

I almost forgot! I got to run yesterday and today in my new running skirt and I love it! It is so comfy and so much more flattering than shorts! I love tricks! If only my running were going as well as how much I love my new skirt!

/End rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!