Monday, June 11, 2007

Dinner with Distractions

Saturday night, Drew and I went on a date. We did the typical dinner and a movie, I mean movie and dinner. We went to the early show so we only paid $4 a person!

Anyway, my point is the dinner part of our evening. We went to a great restaurant along the river and sat outside. We actually weren't sitting outside, we were under the canopy which the restaurant considered inside. I tell you that because it is a small detail in my story. There were quite a few open tables but we were seated directly in front of a table of about 12 guys. They were all ordering beers and smoking. The waitress had to tell them that they couldn't smoke there, but if the would step over the flower boxes, they were allowed to smoke there. They were loud. And they were staring all the waitress and any woman who walked around the restaurant at all.

I noticed something as I tried to be distracted from their obnoxious pointing and staring and loudness, why is it that the loud, annoying guys that make obscene comments and point to all the woman are ugly? And I don't mean homely, I mean just flat out ugly. I don't get it. I mean, I am sure that there are attractive men who stare at women but they just aren't as obvious. Seriously, these guys were straight arm out, pointing at women and then their creepy eyes would follow their prey across the room.

I was embarrassed for them. And if I ever have a daughter someday, she won't be a waitress.

1 comment:

  1. It makes me sick to see it in middle school during passing time. I don't want to put my little angel through the agony of middle school!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!