Thursday, June 07, 2007

A Confession

Sometimes I get bored as a stay at home mom.

And it has been more evident to me lately. I know there are other factors, like living somewhere new and temporary that play a large part in my boredom of late.

I just keep doing the same things over and over. Wake up, change diapers, feed the kids, clean up, get dressed, go to the Y, shower, play "rolling" (roll the ball back and forth, back and forth), play airplane, play with little people, watch them play while I read, change diapers, try to get Sage to pee or poop on the potty, make lunch, eat, clean up, play, lay them down for naps, play, play, play, pick up Drew from the bus, dinner, clean up and bed time.

And why is it when I am bored, the less I want to do? Does that make sense? Everything seems like such an effort. An effort to go outside and play or go to a park.

This is also compounded by the fact that Sage got sick last night. We were finishing dinner, Drew had just gone outside to mow and Sage throws up. I was so glad to have Drew's mom to help clean it up. I just can't handle throw-up. I gag and puke myself. I snuggled him on the couch until bedtime, having a sick toddler is good for something! He had a rough night too. He was up at 1 am and between 4 and 6, between the boys and the dog, there wasn't much sleeping for our family. Sage was burning up so at 4 I gave him Tylenol and at 5:45, he was back asleep and slept until 8!

DISCLAIMER: I am so blessed to be a stay at home mom. Believe me, there is nothing in the world that I would rather do, but sometimes I struggle. I am pretty sure this has more to do with being in a new place for such a short/long period of time than anything else. Also, I was so busy right up until we moved. I no longer have other babies coming into my house 3 or 4 days a week, I don't have friends to meet at the park or for lunch. But, it is temporary and I will start making the most of it. We didn't go the Y this morning, but that will be something normal in our daily routine and I can plan things for us to go do by ourselves, like the Big Park, MOA, Como Zoo, Children's Museum and I am sure we can find some other fun, free stuff! See, I am feeling better already. It is just this cooped up feeling.

I am guessing this little sickness came from the Y. Last week, they told me that someone had broken out in the chicken pox and had been in the child care the day before. So were mine. They have both had the vaccine, so I guess we'll find out if it works!

The randomness of this post is astonishing, I just need to get back in the groove of blogging again.

1 comment:

  1. I understand your pain - that was me last summer in WI. That is when I started blogging. One week of being home and I love it. I wish I could find the moms to hang out with but for now I will settle on cleaning the office.

    I bet you have a few scrapbooks to work on!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!