Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Power Outage

We were without power yesterday evening for about 6 hours. We were out of milk for Sage so we went to the grocery store and got milk and ice to keep everything cool. My husband is so smart! Except that at 11 when the power came back on, he turned on the air conditioners in our room and Sages room and forgot to take all the fridge food of the freezer. So he gets up with Sage this morning and comes right back to our room saying we have other issues. The whole gallon of milk is completly frozen! He figured out to put it in the microwave to defrost it. It was hard falling asleep in such a warm, quiet room. Sage had a hard time too. He can hear everything from the apartment hall too and he kind of seemed scared. It is not usually that dark in his room but after some rocking and butt patting, he finally drifted off to sleep.

Yesterday, Sage and I went to Westport, CT with a friend and her baby. It is about a half hour away. She described it as some little outdoor shops. I pictured some shops you can only find in a small town with unique items. No, this was Tiffany, Pottery Barn, Gap (with a Maternity), Banana Republic, J. Crew, Mimi Maternity and tons of other stores! We spent quite a bit of time and didn't make it to more than 4 stores! So, we were in Baby Gap and Gap Maternity for a long time! But I did get to try on the jeans and decided to buy a pair! They were expensive but I think they will be worth it since I will be pregnant all during the winter months and jeans are my favorite thing to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!