Saturday, August 13, 2005

HOT HOT Saturday

Today is the hottest day of the year here in CT. It is so stinkin hot. I have always loved summer but this summer, I hate it. I am so ready for fall, I can't even explain it. I think it is because this is the first summer that I have not worked the entire summer and have been home to sweat it out all day long. I wonder if the heat is making me feel worse on top of my pregnancy. I wear a ponytail everyday. EVERYDAY! I am tired of ponytails. Enough whining.

D is working today so S and I went to Target for lunch and wandered for 2 hours. I got two new shirts ($5 each!), lipstick and a hair thing that is stupid and I am going to return. They always look so handy in the package. I didn't spend too much for being there so long. Then I was on a hunt for box fans or the fans that are side by side and they blow air in and out. Not at Target, Wal-Mart or Lowes. Somebody suggested Home Depot. Maybe tomorrow.

I think I am going to take S to a high school swimming pool next week. I want to teach him to love water and to swim but the ocean isn't the best teaching place. I want to dunk his head under water and help him learn to hold his breath. I would love to take a swimming class with him. I think that would be a good activity for us. Oh, I have to take him to a high school pool because they don't have outdoor public pools here, just beaches. While beaches are great, they just aren't a pool with a fun slide! I miss that about IA. I could take him to a pool and go down a slide with him. I think he would love that!

I better go relax while he naps!

1 comment:

  1. No outdoor pools with slides?! What a shame!

    Some of the indoor pools here in town have baby swim type programs....for mom and baby....maybe you could check any recreation departments there or a sports clinic kind of place. Our PCI (Physicians Clinic of Iowa) has a pool and a swim program for moms and babies....maybe they have something similar there. I think we may try that out when Caleb is 9 months...guess that's the age they can start.

    If you have Picasa you can send pics to blogger by clicking on the blogger button on the bottom of the page (in Picasa). Either than or you could (if you want to)send me a pic to my email :) jsdrewelow@mcleodusa.net

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!