Thursday, May 07, 2009

On Turning Twenty Ten

I feel kind of funny drawing attention to my birthday but it's significant.

Three Zero.

I don't really want to say that word.

It kind of makes me laugh.

Twenty Ten.

It kind of makes me nervous.

Th.

I.

Rty.

Does turning this age mean I'm a real adult?

The third decade is when big things happen, right? Don't ask me what sort of things, I haven't been there yet.

If the third decade brings as many changes as my second, it'll be an adventure!

In my twenties, I met Drew, graduated from college, married Drew, worked full-time, gave birth to Sage, moved from Iowa to Connecticut, gave birth to Kolby, moved from Connecticut to Houston, and gave birth to Levi.

It's hard to put into words what I'm feeling about this birthday. I feel nervous because I think I should have more answers, more faith, be a stronger woman, a more patient mom. I'm excited because I pray that I am embarking on receiving and becoming those things. I'm nervous because I pray that I start to become those things.

I pray that when I turn four zero I won't have any regrets. That I will have changed and become a better person.

But, let's not think about that yet!

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kristy! I hope you have a great day, I understand your reservations with the big 3-0 I am having them as well even though I have several months to go before the blessed event(and a baby in there too) so I guess I can't worry about it too much yet:) Hope Drew does something special for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Chunk! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Happy birthday! I am realizing that I didn't reflect on my 30th birthday much because it was in the midst of our moving from CT to TX. Rob was still two weeks behind us in CT, Grace and I were staying with my parents, I was sick from being pregnant with Violet, the house was getting painted and electrical work done, and so on. Maybe I shall pause and reflect on my 31st birthday next month? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Punkin!!!

    You have joined your siblings: 4 of you now in your thirties! Actually, I hate to be the one to tell you, but this is the beginning of your fourth decade! Your third decade WAS very productive and life changing....

    Paul talks of doing away with childish things when he became a man and this is after he has discussed true love - when I read those descriptions in I Cor.13 there is no doubt in my mind that you have matured - the difficulty is that there is always further to go!

    For your encouragement, when I was 31 - God gave us you! We are eternally grateful!

    Praying for you as always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Kristy! May babies rock!!! I'm also feeling a little apprehensive about turning another year older--as if my youth has completely ended. Just the other day I was driving and thinking about it and suddenly I was like, wait...the best years are just beginning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gretchen from lifenutThu May 07, 12:05:00 PM

    Happy Birthday! 30 is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should probably go up and post a great picture of you like Karoline did! You inspire me and I know that you will continue to inspire the people around you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a wonderful day today! I laugh now at the saying of 30 being over the hill...you have at least 20 more years to climb that hill! Enjoy the journey. The view keeps getting better as you allow God to sharpen your spiritual sight thru the years... Love, Aunt Sharie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you, Chunk!! Happy birthday, you 30 year old!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, my friend. Great blog, the big 30 is coming my way in a couple months..for some reason it just feels like I'm supposed to have more answers to life, or have it all figured out! Well, here's to our quest to figure things out this year. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess I'm a day late to leave you a happy birthday on the blog--happy birthday! and happy mother's day while I'm at it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!