Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dear Levi's First Tooth

I have issues with you.

First, he is a baby. He isn't supposed to have a tooth. I wasn't expecting a tooth the day after he turned six months old. It is like you are robbing me of my sweet baby. I don't like it. So quit.

Second, and most important. Stop biting. Just stop. It hurts. And it hurts when you clamp and pull too. Does the screaming mean nothing to you? The harsh way I yell NO! No effect?

Love,

Levi's Mamma who would like to keep all body parts attached.

Dear Levi,

You cut your first tooth! To most, this would be an exciting development. Except I'm not quite ready for my baby to grow up. And by getting a tooth it proves that you will indeed grow up.

This new tooth in your mouth is not a weapon of mass destruction.

It is used to bite food. Not your mom where your food currently comes from.

It is also not meant to bite your hand while you bite on a teething biscuit.


Love,

Mamma

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I can't believe he is already 6 months! My boys both got their two bottom teeth at just over 3 months so they didn't stay toothless very long(at that point I was kind of glad I wasn't nursing:) Good luck, hopefully Levi will get past the biting thing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. Not looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gretchen from lifenutWed May 20, 03:21:00 PM

    My gosh, he is delectable! I just looked at his six-month photo. Adorable!

    Ryley and Tommy had their first two teeth pop through at 4 and 3 months, respectively. There is no making a 3 month old understand biting is uncool. My other kids were more the normal 7-9 month teethers. They were actually able to get that "No bite" meant loss of food for a minute while mommy delatched. Plus, they were eating more solids by then so I wasn't the only food joint in town.

    I hope Levi decides to save his teeth for more important business, like a nice t-bone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just caught up on your blog! Wow, a tooth already! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!