Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Perspective Part Deux

I complain about things. But, my life is easy. Here is a list of my ridiculous complaints. My back hurts, Sage fights naps that he needs, I'm tired. Silly things, really.

I went to family camp at East Iowa Bible Camp with the Kelly's. Drew and his wife Sam, have two kids, Shaelynn and Killian. Shaelynn is two. Killian was born in January. Shaelynn has a brain tumor. The cancer is spreading and there is nothing more medically that can be done. They are praying for and believe a miracle can happen. Shaelynn has had a few seizures and the MRI showed more spreading of the cancer from 2 weeks ago.

I feel at a loss of what to say, write or feel. I don't know what message to write on their message board. I'm praying for you. It just doesn't seem to cut it. I am praying for them. I am praying for strength and comfort. What can I say? My words won't comfort them. My words won't do anything. What can I do for a family so far away from me, a family that I don't know all that well, a family who is going through an unimaginable circumstance. What would I want to hear from people? The only thing people could say to me. I'm praying for you. I'm praying for your strength, peace and comfort. I'm praying for a miracle with you.

Lord, I lift up the Kelly family to you. I thank you for their sweet little girl, Shaelynn. It sounds like she has brought such joy to so many people. Pray for comfort, for Shaelynn. I pray that she wouldn't have any more seizures. I pray that she would not be in pain. I pray for Drew and Sam. I pray for their strength. Give them an unmeasurable, umcomprehensible amount of energy. Energy to care for their two young kids, energy to enjoy each moment, energy to see what they need to see to help Shaelynn. Give them comfort and peace as they go about their days. Comfort their hearts as only you can Jesus. Give them a peace that passes understanding. Be with them. I pray that they would feel your arms around them. Thank you, Father for answering and hearing my prayers.



In Christ Alone

In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone! – who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save:
‘Til on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied –
For every sin on Him was laid;
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine –
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life’s first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
‘Til He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand!

-Stuart Townend & Keith Getty
Copyright 2002 Kingsway Thankyou Music

1 comment:

  1. I am grateful for people like you, who are willing to put aside the daily things that keep us busy, and actually pray. Drew and Samantha keep us focused, and grounded in Our Savior, and His Word. Amazingly, it is them who have helped us all. They look for daily things to celebrate. They look for things to Praise our Savior for. So, in a way your prayers are lifting them up, and it has been a chain reaction. I don't know if this helps, but I am thankful for you. They are thankful for you. They read the message board on the Care Pages several times a day.
    Shaelynn is such a beautiful girl, and a precious niece. I love her so.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!