Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Fashion and Frumpiness

Things that I seem to be bombarded with daily. Things that I think about often. There are many blogs that talk about Fighting the Frump! and how to be a stylish stay at home mom. I aspire to be that. It all goes back to my ideal, June Cleaver wife/mom attitude. I read those posts and think, I can do that, I can wear clothes like that. And I can. But, that doesn't mean that I do everyday.

There are reasons why I think about fashion and frumpiness. My husband. I want him to always be attracted to me. I don't want to give him any reason to need or want to look around because I want him to have all he can handle at home. ME. And I mean, all he can handle in a good way. Like, all he wants to look at, because I dress in a way that he wants to look at me. I don't mean slutty. I mean attractively. There are other things these statements can lead to, but I don't think I want to write about those here. So, let's just leave it at that, m'kay.

So, when I think about the things that I do everyday. I don't always think that wearing attractive clothes is necessary. Some days, I don't leave the house. So, what is the harm in wearing sweats and a ponytail? Well, the harm is that it can easily become a habit. And, my husband actually leaves the house. And he is around, women. Women who showered that day and thought about the clothes they were wearing. So, when he comes home in the evening and I am in the sweatpants, and he has had opportunities to view other attractive women, what message am I sending him? Am I saying, hi sweetie, welcome home, here I am! Or am I saying, oh, you, again?

For me, it is a lot about how I think about Drew and his arrival home. Am I thinking that he is home to relieve me or am I going to serve him? When I am thinking about serving him, I am more apt to want to look nice, smile, and say hello to him. Instead of seeing him as someone to take the kids away!

Bottom line. I want Drew to be attracted to me now and always. So, there are things that I need to do. I need to eat better, exercise more and dress attractively.

I know those are the three hardest things for me to do. But, I can slowly start. I can start running again. I can eat more vegetables and fruits and I can get dressed everyday, whether I stay home or leave the house.

And, please know that when I say get dressed, I mean, something like I am wearing today. Gray, 3/4 sleeve turtleneck, and dark trouser jeans. I don't mean something like sweats or yoga pants, t-shirt and sweatshirt. It makes me feel better too!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, I needed that. OUCH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, yes, and yes. The women at Scott's work dress like strippers. I have my work cut out for me. You do an awesome job at that I think!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!