Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'm Ready to Move

Not that long ago, I was talking to God telling him that if I just know where we are moving in 5, now almost 4 months, I would be satisfied.

I was wrong.

When we get ready to leave the house, I think about how nice it will be to not have to put coats, hats and mittens on my children. When I am cold in the afternoon, I think about how nice it will be to live in weather that is cold at 50 degrees. When we are stuck in the house for many days in a row, due to colds, I think how nice it will be for my children to not get colds. And how nice it will be to go play outside. In our backyard. When I think about going to church and how I only know the kids' teachers and I don't really want to go, I think about how nice it will be to have a bounty of churches to attend, and pick a church for our family and then really get involved and get to know people.

I know it won't all be roses. Thorns will be involved. There will be difficult times of adjustment. I am not looking forward to boxing up our apartment, loading it on a truck and then driving for 5 days. And unpack everything.

But the reality is, we have to move somewhere. So, I'm going to make the best of what we are given. And, I am really excited to move to Texas. We have some friends that live there and they told us they will send us a bumper sticker that says "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could."

But first, my prayer is changing to "Lord, help me to enjoy the time that we have left here, help me to enjoy the time with friends and doing fun things with my kids."

It's all about contentment.

2 comments:

  1. On the page I see when I get online, I have two little weather widgets, one for here in New Haven and one for Dallas (where we're moving this summer). I am not a fan of hot weather, but the high of 63 in Dallas today does have quite a bit of appeal, I must admit. Brrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it count for anything that I want you to move to Iowa and live next door?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!