Thursday, May 13, 2010

18 Months, 3 Days ~ Levi

I've got to document it somewhere.

34 inches.  95th percentile for height.

25 lbs.  50th percentile for weight. 

Two nights ago, he told me "Poo."  and pointed to his diaper.  I asked him if he needed to go.  He nodded yes.  I ran him upstairs to his little potty.  He had already gone but did a little more in the potty.  We clapped and cheered and gave him some candy.

I thought it was a fluke.  Maybe some had fallen off his hiney, who knew.  But, there was something in the potty and we celebrated with him.

Tonight, while I rinsed the bathtub, I had him sit on his little potty.

I turned back to see what he was doing and he was looking down.  Watching the pee go into his little potty!  We clapped, cheered and he got some m&m's!

You know that potty training has been an "issue" in our house.  I'm not getting a big head about anything.  After potty training, Sage, I didn't think any kid could be as stubborn as he was.

And then came Kolby.

So, we're on track for Levi to be potty trained before kindergarten.

And I'm happy about that. 

But, I'm not saying my mind isn't excited with the possibility of him being potty trained this summer.

We'll see. 

No pressure, third child, no pressure.

5 comments:

  1. How Fabulous!! Oh, what a wonderful gift that would be if Levi would be trained by the time #4 came along! Keep the cheering going and the M & M's flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I am dying to hear about your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I need to give Landon a kick in the rear! He's 2! Shouldn't he be potty-trained & making his own bed by now? I am a slacker. This post reminded me of what you have written on your Facebook page that always makes me laugh. You wrote something about living your dream but not realizing it involved so much poop. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!