Friday, March 13, 2009

Weekly Wrap

How did it get to be Friday again already?

It seems like a day has passed since last Friday when I was looking forward to going on a date with Drew. It had been too long since our last date and I felt giddy with excitement. I even bought a new outfit. Husband approved. Buying it, I mean. He did like it, it just wasn't as tight as he would prefer. Not much of my wardrobe is!

Our big goal for the evening was to find a 12 inch bike for Kolby's birthday on the ninth. It proved more difficult than we anticipated. The options were Target $40 bike that might possibly fall apart or $150 bikes that better not fall apart. We thought we found a bargain at REI for $120 and 20% off. Wouldn't you know, they didn't have any in stock and there wasn't one in the entire country?! It would have cost us $60 to have it shipped to us. Um, no thanks.

Craigslist was our last effort. It should have been our first. There was a great bike, originally from REI, for $35. It was in Houston, kind of. I had to drive an hour each way on Sunday afternoon to get it.

The look on Kolby's face as we led him out to the garage wearing his new helmet when we got his "new" yellow bike was priceless. I missed the picture and we planned it wrong to take a video. It was too dark in the hallway of the carport. BUMMER! When he saw it he lit up and said "Mine!" Remember when Sage got his bike for his birthday? Go look at the video, pretty funny of Kolby. Sage was much kinder and happier for his brother.

On Monday, I took the boys to the zoo. Yes, all three all by myself. The first hour, we ate a snack, went to the bathroom and got Levi arranged in the sling. I was slightly frustrated and wanted to go home. Sage convinced me to stay and we ended up having a great time. I forgot the camera. Not that pictures would have been really great since I had Levi in the sling and was pushing the stroller. Sage and Kolby took turns riding in it.

Do you see a theme with the camera? Poor second child. Oh, do I have a third?

For the next couple of months I can say that I have a 4 and 3 year old. That's fun.

In other Kolby news, he is just about potty trained! I'll spare you the details. I got so disgusted at the amount of money I was spending on his size 7 diapers that I decided to just do it. And it has gone surprisingly well. Not nearly as hard as Sage was. We've even had number two success! M&M's, monster trucks, matchbox planes and cars are the bribes of choice. The toys are for number two and candy for number one.

And now I don't know how to end this post. It seems a little gross to end on the subjects of pee and poo. But, all I've got left is that I'm going to make chocolate chip cookies with Sage now.

3 comments:

  1. Poor 3rd child...I feel his pain. I would just hate to be the fourth; you know how those turn out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! The younger children may not have as many pictures as the first but it sure seems like they get to do a lot of things earlier than the first...yes, Sage was 4 when he got his bike; Kolby was 3; Levi will probably inherit one at 2 or before:) Your word picture of Kolby's joy was great but it would be OK with me if you took a picture of proud Kolby riding his new bike now!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Do you see a theme with the camera? Poor second child. Oh, do I have a third?"

    So funny!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!