Friday, February 06, 2009

My To Do List For Friday

Vacuum. Check

Mop. Check

Go to park. Check

Make pizza dough. Check

Pick up house before appraiser comes. Check




Things Not on My To Do List For Friday

Take Sage to the ER. Check

He poked his eye with a toy. Said toy has been thrown away. It came in an astronaut set and was supposed to have a ball on the end. I don't know how it happened, I was in the kitchen, he was in the living room. He started crying and told me what happened and I saw pink tears coming down. He also told me it hurt to have it closed and it hurt to have it open.

I called the pediatrician who said take him to the ER to make sure he didn't scratch his eyeball.

$154 later and we have an antibiotic eye drop for a scratch under his iris.

As we waited, he acted totally normal and then forgot which eye he had poked. It also stopped hurting.

I went prepared and he played with cars while he waited.



The slope of the bed made a good track.

He looks pretty distressed in those pictures, huh?!




Also, go visit 4 Little Men and Twins to win a pouch sling. If you don't want it, you can always give it to me!

5 comments:

  1. man life with 3 boys is going to be filled with trips to the ER. I have been lucky so far. How many does this make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot BELIEVE how many times you've been to the ER since you moved! :) Like the previous commenter, we too have been lucky so far. Not exactly a fun outing for a Friday, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not believe that we've only been to the ER once in 8 years. It was when Grayson broke his collar bone AND Gavin broke his toe while we were out of town! ha!

    glad he's okay! :)

    britt

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least he's never had to go in an ambulance . . . or a helicopter . . . for nothing! :) Glad he's OK!! He's now tied with Sammy at 3 ER visits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man oh man, those boys sure give us a run for our money!! Many times, we waited like, 4-6 hours in the ER waiting room, only for them to start feeling better... giving us a "do we leave, or do we stay just in case this ___fill-in-the-blank___ issue comes back tomorrow..." decision to make. Lovely!

    Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!