Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Whoops!

We were going to the pool and I like to apply the spray sunscreen right outside our front door. We all stepped out and I didn't shut the door all the way as it locks. But, Sage thought I meant to, so he did it. I sprayed the boys. And turned around to let them back in while I sprayed myself. Door was locked.

We haven't hidden a key yet. All patio doors were locked.

We were wearing swimsuits, no shoes, cell was in the house with my keys. Luckily, I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt over my swimsuit.

I knelt down and prayed. I said "Lord, we locked ourselves out of the house, please help us to think calmly and figure out a plan." As I was praying Sage was hhmming.

We have met our neighbors, Tricia and Butch but I was pretty sure they both were at work. I rang the door hopefully and heard the dogs barking. I was about to give up and think of a different plan when I hear "Who is it?"

She graciously lets us in, let me call long distance to Drew's cell (we really need to get local numbers) while she shows the boys her goldfish. It was 10:15. Drew said he could drive home on his lunch break while we were at the pool.

It went really smoothly walking to the pool without shoes and just swimming while we waited for dad to be our hero and unlock our house. And we didn't even have a towel!

I was nervous to not have Sage's ring floatie as he likes to "swim" but he did great staying in the shallow end. Kolby is getting so much braver but his balance isn't always the best walking around the shallow end. He only head dove once and didn't cry when I scooped him up.

When we got home, we talked about how God answered our prayer and took care of us. And quickly dried off on our towels which were sitting on the bench, right by the front door.

Pretty soon this problem will be solved because I ordered sunscreen without chemicals, also known as sunscreen that must be rubbed in therefor not making me step out of the house. Or I could spray them on the patio where I stand no chance of locking myself out from the sliding door.

2 comments:

  1. ohhhh this is my dreaded nightmare. I am glad that all was resolved without major problems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you. I'm thankful He took care of you.
    Have you seen Beth Moore yet at the grocery store?! I love her and I'm really hoping you 2 can become best friends!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!