Monday, June 30, 2008

Meet My New Friend *UPDATED!(update not exciting)




I call her Lizzie the Lizard. Clever, huh?

I watched Lizzie scamper across our deck while I ate breakfast. And then again while I ate lunch. And again while I sat and did my Bible study. This picture was taken while I was safely inside. That is the way I prefer to view lizards, behind glass.

I wish I had something profound to say about Lizzie and my Bible study, but I don't.

I just can't get over the fact that there was a lizard on my deck. I have also seen Lizzie scamper in front of me on the sidewalk while walking to my car. And I cannot get over the fact that there are lizards where I live. Lizards. Real, live lizards.

It helps that this one is tiny and almost cute. Almost. Not cute, almost cute. I don't think Lizzie will get cute if she happens to get bigger. Or have lizard babies.

I just won't think about that!



Sage spotted Lizzie and he is now window watching for Lizzie, he even got Kolby to look for her too, but I don't think Kolby had any idea what he was looking for! He also said he saw two!

6 comments:

  1. Ha! My boys would love that!

    brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lizards around where I live are bright green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. instead of seagulls in the parking lot, it could be lizards on the deck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the exact same thought as anonymous--are we related?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like Sage has the phone ready to call the exterminator :) How exciting that you live in a place that is warm enough to have lizards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for "Lizards on the Lawn" and God does have stuff to say about them... check out Proverbs 30:24-28.... You are now in league with kings!
    Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!