Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Silence

My mom always told me that if I didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I also apply it to complaining. If you can only complain about something, don't say anything at all.

But, in my head as I think through my list of complaints, they are often silly. Likewise, the things that I am grateful for right now seem silly too, but here they are:

1. Ice maker with in door dispenser, water too!
2. Air conditioning
3. New insulated straw cup from Starbucks (purchased with my birthday gift card, thanks mom!)
4. There are no boxes waiting to be put away in the living room
5. Sky lights
6. New bed with heavenly sheets
7. Kolby napping
8. M&Ms
9. 2 hours and some minutes until Drew is home!
10. Starting a new Bible Study online through Beth Moore's blog!
11. Unpacking 6 more boxes today!
12. Counting down the days until I get our new van and not being stuck at home! 2!
13. And Nana and Matthew visiting!
14. And bringing the boys bunkbeds!

Wow, I started to almost smile there at the end!

It's better for me to think and write down what I am thankful for than what I want to complain about and I hope it makes your day better too!

3 comments:

  1. Beth Moore study looked cool. I think I will have to check into that. She is such a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl, could you (if you feel comfortable) e-mail me your number?
    I have moved many many many (too many) times and I have lots of tricks/encouragment to give -
    so, if you're feeling the need for encouragment in that area, e-mail me!
    hollypanter atgmail dotcom

    if not, I'll just assume that's not what the 'downer' is right now ;-)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like blogs because you can say what you want with your mouth shut.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!