Friday, July 28, 2006

Andrea Yates

Andrea Yates got a not guilty verdict by reason of insanity. It seems obvious that she is/was insane. Is that an excuse? Does that mean she is less guilty? Wrong is wrong. Murder is murder. It shouldn't matter what her state of mind was. It is so sad and will continue to be so sad for the rest of her life. And she is the one who has to live with the guilt the rest of her life. Would you feel more guilty for "getting away" with it rather than being punished? Or is living in her torment punishment enough?

1 comment:

  1. You know, I heard somewhere that she will start to come out of her drug-induced haze, and feel better until she remembers what she did. Then she needs the drugs again.

    I believe remembering what you did would be hell enough. I can't imagine. It's good I can't. Lucy was in the bathtub the other day and it just made me want to cry, thinking about what she did to those kids.

    So I can't think about it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!