Sunday, February 04, 2007

What happened?

I feel like the new year started without me. I missed January birthdays, playdates and pretty much all of January. Where did it go? Travelling and illness made the month go right around me. But, it is a new month, so I'm declaring a new start. Birthday cards will go out on time (except for yours, Glen, the 3rd is too close to the end of January, not that you read this anyway), playdates will be had, the library will be visited, groceries will be bought and dinners will be fixed. Hamburger Helper totally counts as dinner.

A new start will also bring new things in my life. Like the little baby girl I will be watching every Wednesday and some Saturdays. She is only 2 months old! So sweet. I'm sure there will be other new things, if only I could think of them right now. Oh, running. I started running last Sunday. I really like it, the time away, time to myself and time to listen to music on the Ipod. And then, I cut my heel yesterday on some leftover glass from a frame that broke. I hobble around trying to not put weight on it so it won't start bleeding again. So, running will have to be restarted sometime this month. And my ever present nursing dilemma, it hurts again. Over the holidays, I talked to a lactation consultant and she said it sounded like a yeast infection so I started taking measures to fight that and then it seemed to get a lot better, healed, I thought. Now, it is hurting again so badly, I wince when Kolby nurses, mostly when he latches on, but there is pain the entire time. And if Sage is in the room and Kolby wants to see what he is doing, OH MY! He latches on, pulls around to see Sage, lets go, latches on, pulls around, lets go, on, off, on, off, on, off. It is enough for me to tell Sage to leave or I quit nursing Kolby. He is almost 11 months, the 9th, so I could try milk, but I don't know if I am ready to be done. And a new month, a new night of sleep. Kolby wakes up between 3:00 and 4:30 to nurse. I am tired. I think he can sleep all night, he is just into a great routine of waking up and getting nursed back to sleep. That needs to be nipped in the bud. But, do I have the strength?

Sage is talking so much. He is learning to spell his name, can point to an "A" on a sign and has learned a memory verse. Proverbs 9:10 "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." We call it his name verse because we engraved it on his baby book and Sage means wise one. When he starts counting things, he always starts with 2. He always says me instead of I, sometimes, he will say Sage instead of I. He went poop on the potty! It only took an hour of sitting there and one bag of m&m's as bribery, but he did it! But, don't think we are on our way, because we aren't. The next time, he preferred his diaper even with the m&m bribe.

And I'm off for a nap, did I mention I'm tired?

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how tired you are! :)

    How fun to watch the baby - WORK! :)

    I just laid Asher down after he slept in my arms for 2 hours...now he's awake...no shower, I guess...

    I need to call you! When's the best time of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend - goodness you are busy. Drew has gone on the potty a few times, but pre-school is helping with the big kids going. I feel for your nursing sometimes I wish that I would have continued, it was hard to stop.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!