Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Humbled, Again By a Two Year Old

Last night we made a quick run to DSW and the mall in search of shoes for Drew. He has yet another weekend interview trip but this is a casual interview and his shoes are about a year old and looking well, bad. Anyway, we were in Journeys when I asked Drew "When do I get to go away by myself for 3 days?"

He said "I don't know."

And I said 'Your snotty answer is supposed to be 'When you get a company to pay for all the expenses.'"

Sage looked up at me and said "You being sassy, mama?"

I looked down at him sitting in his stroller, strapped in and said, "Yes, Sage I am being sassy. Drew, I am sorry for being sassy, please forgive me."

And Sage said "You sorry, you sassy mama?"

"Yes, Sage, I am sorry."

Life lessons.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kiki, I AM ROLLING over here!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chunk - you are so brave to blog these humbling conversations. Kids have a way of being rather convicting!
    Kers

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!