Friday, January 26, 2007

Brain Spew

Kolby had another bronchial infection this week. Yesterday was spent at the doctors office where they threatened sending me to the ER to admit Kolby. He was breathing too fast, 60ish breaths per minute, a healthy baby would be 30ish breaths per minute. They ended up sending me home with more breathing treatments, this time an inhaler made for babies, way easier than the nebulizer! It only takes 2 minutes, literally instead of 15. He does cry through it but he doesn't fight it. Last night, he had a fever and his breathing was really fast again. We almost took him to the ER but the on-call ped. was so great. He told me to give him Tylenol, that with a fever, babies will breath fast anyway, so Kolby kind of had a double whammy going. The fever came down, his breathing went to high 40s, low 50s so we stayed home and woke up every four hours for treatments. We were all in bed by 8:30 last night! The bummer thing the ped. said at the dr. office was, let's hope this doesn't turn in to asthma. Hopefully, we are on our way to mending and we can keep his breathing under control. I can start to wean him from the inhaler when i think he is ready and then keep giving him doses as long as he is coughing.


***************************************************

Kolby is almost 11 months old, February 9 is just around the corner. He signed "all done" today. I think he has done it before but today it was after lunch, when i asked if he was all done. He is so cute. I can't even describe it! I am sad that he is almost a year. My baby is growing up way too fast. I like having a baby. He is growing up so fast and yet, not as fast as Sage did. I remember when Sage was 10 months feeding him thinned peanut butter sandwiches and he had 4 teeth. Oh! Kolby finally got a tooth over Christmas! So, my baby is more of a baby than Sage was at his age but I still don't want him to get bigger. I had weaned Sage by this age. I am not really ready to start thinking about weaning Kolby yet. It doesn't hurt anymore and it is easy and we both enjoy it. I like that cuddle time with him. I used to be so excited for March to get here so I could wean him, now I am thinking that might not happen.


***************************************************

I love being a mom to 2 boys. i was doing the dishes, Sage was riding his trike around the dining room table in circles and Kolby was playing on the floor, scooting himself backwards into the desk and I looked at them and thought "I love being their mom, I love that I have 2 kids, 2 boys. They are so much fun!"

**************************************************

I can't wait to have more babies, more kids. No, mom, this is not an announcement, I just know our family isn't complete, we aren't done yet. I kind of think it would be nice to keep going, not take a break and get out of the baby, diaper cycle but Drew would like to wait until he is done with school and has a job. No idea why. JK. So, it also makes me a little sad that I won't have a baby for a while, if all goes as planned, which we are so great at planning our kids.

That's it, all my random thoughts that aren't long enough for a post individually and I just had to get out.

3 comments:

  1. ki ki - man I have a little boy that is on many great breathing things. We are actually doing some steriods to open up his lungs along with breathing treatments which helped so much. I'm sure you have lots of advice, but I can tell you about our experiences if you want - love you, bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like being a "mother of boys" too. I have only been able to see myself as having sons and it just so happened to work out that way. I have already found myself silently saying a little prayer of thanks for my two boys, and the youngest is only a week old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee - I like that you had to give the "no mom" disclaimer.

    That is great that he takes his nebulizer easily, because Faith not only fought the damned thing like it was barbaric torture, she then would proceed to act like a baby gorilla.

    I hope everyone is doing better now!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!