Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I started a post...

Sunday, we got into a very minor accident. Very minor. No one was hurt. Both kids were in the car, Sage cried and Kolby slept. Drew was driving, we were in a turn left or go straight lane, going straight. The car on our right side decided to turn left. He was probably one car length ahead of us. Drew said he was looking at a pothole that he was intent on missing. I was saying "OOOOHHHHHHH". He slammed on his breaks and started turning left but it was too late. We hit their back left hubcap on their tire. Their car, perfectly fine. Our car, minor dent, some paint missing on the bumper and that is it. It took the police an hour to arrive. If it hadn't been such a cold day, I would have popped the boys in the stroller and walked the last couple of blocks home. The insurance wants us to get our car seats inspected for hairline fractures or something. It seems like a big headache for such a small thing. Drew offerred to settle right there, but the man wanted to send it in to insurance.

The other night, Kolby slept in his crib until 6am! I don't know how long it has been since he or I slept through the night. He isn't consistent by any stretch of the imagination, but we are making progress. When he wakes up, which seems to be getting later and later or earlier and earlier, Drew or I moves him into the pack-n-play in the living room where he spends the rest of the night. My goal is 7am. I can get up 7, 6:59, no go, but 7 is okay.

I am keeping busy with all my babysitting. Between babysitting, housework and errands, I don't get much time to write on the blog anymore.

1 comment:

  1. I have read somewhere to be careful at garage sales for carseats that have been in accidents because you are suppose to replace them. I wouldn't think a minor accident would effect it though. Have missed your blogs! Email me sometime - I have a prayer request for the Kelly family.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!