Wednesday, January 20, 2010

stream of conciousness

These streams of consciousness posts may be all I can handle.

My mom is here this week. Which means that after I take Kolby to preschool in the morning, I get to come home, take a nap (yes, at 8:45 in the morning) and then take a shower without thinking about what Sage and Levi are doing. Glorious.

Last night, I went to a bloggy meet up. It was my first and oh so fun. I was nervous to go, almost canceled at the last minute. But, like so many things, I'm so glad I went. The women were incredible. The chatting so fun. The food yummy. It was just what I needed.

I haven't been sleeping well at night. I have really weird, vivid dreams. Last night, I had a dream that Levi fell off some wood stairs about 15 stairs up and landed flat on his back and head. He was scooting down the wood stairs on his bottom and there wasn't a rail. He started going too fast and I grabbed his white, quilted vest (no, he doesn't own one) but it didn't help, it slid off his body, turned him around and made him fall of the edge of the stairs. I was crying, fluid came out of his ears and we went to the ER. And then I woke up.

I've been surviving. It seems like the worst of the nausea happens when Drew is home. But, my emotions are all over the place. The boys frustrate me no matter what they do. I'm not getting up earlier than them and it is really showing in my attitude for the day. I need some alone time with God before I can be a good mommy. But, I'm so tired.

I can't wait for the second trimester.

9 comments:

  1. It's almost here! This weekend will be good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! The first trimester was always so rough for me too. The nausea...the bad sleep...the fatigue... And with other children to look after it gets further complicated. Thank God for sweet husbands and mothers!

    Enjoyed meeting you last night :) I'm now following your blog :)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh. pregnancy dreams are the worst!! i had an almost identical falling down the stairs dream about audrey during my last pregnancy...minus the white quilted vest part. :) wierd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a scary dream! I've had a few of those, and it's always good to wake up and realize your babies are safe.

    It was really nice to meet you and the other blogging ladies last night. I hope you start feeling better pregnancy-wise soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to meet you last night! It is so hard being pregnant and having little ones (and the most I've done it with was 2 little ones, not 3!). Praying the 2nd trimester makes you feel much better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so fun meeting you last night! I'm glad you didn't cancel. And girl, I was totally nervous too! I'm so sorry you've had trouble sleeping. I am going to pray tonight you sleep perfectly! Hope our paths cross again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there friend,

    Saw you in the parking lot at church with your mom when we were at MDO, but didn't get a chance to say hello. You may not be feeling well, but you looking great! Will be praying for you and the little one in your tummy. You are an amazing lady and I know you can do this!

    Hope you rest well--Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristy!!! I almost canceled too! I was very nervous, I only knew you, Amanda, and Lindsee. Things like that where I don't really know anyone are way out of my comfort zone!! I need to send you some pictures! I look forward to seeing and chatting with you more this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's funny how so many of us were nervous to go, but once we got there we were totally in our element! I wish I got to talk to you more!!! Send me your email and I'll give you the info on the baking day. Can't wait! missybarfuss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!