Saturday, January 09, 2010

Answers

Due August 15.

About 8 weeks along.

We've known for about 3 weeks. My doctor's norm is to do a 6 week ultrasound to determine the due date. On December 23, I went alone while Drew was with the boys. She didn't see what she wanted to see (a baby), but she did see a yolk sac (the beginnings of a pregnancy). She took my blood to check my hormone levels (which were in the normal range) and set up an appointment for 2 weeks later to do another ultra sound. After telling me that if I had cramping or bleeding, it would be an emergency and to definitely call her. I didn't know what questions to ask. So, I went home and then realized what she hadn't said. "You're pregnant!"

We had planned to send out the announcement that you saw on the blog as a post card but after the initial appointment, decided to wait to announce anything until we knew what was happening.

And then, on Thursday, after seeing the baby and seeing the heartbeat and hearing it, we were so excited, so relieved that we didn't want to waste time ordering the postcard and then mailing it out. So, we announced it on the blog!

Only my brother didn't understand it! His wife had to explain it to him. And to clarify it was my oldest brother.

It was kind of a long two weeks. I had moments of complete peace. Peace that God would carry us through wherever he would take us. Peace that if this baby wasn't going to grow, God would get me through. And even moments of peace that this baby was going to grow and we looked too early. And moments where I was anxiously waiting for cramping, bleeding, something to signal the beginning of the end.

And after seeing that sweet little heartbeat and hearing it. I feel so blessed. In awe and wonderment. I know plenty of women who want to be pregnant, who have experienced loss. And this time, I get to dance around it. Avoid it. And I wonder, why me?

I don't take being pregnant, getting pregnant, lightly. I am so blessed. I want you to know that. I want you to know that I take every single one of your congratulations with a huge smile on my face. And I pray for so many of you, I can't wait to return the congratulations. And I will be thrilled for you.

We are ecstatic. The boys are excited. And I will not complain about the morning sickness. I will endure it because it too is a gift. And I know that God gives and he takes away. And I plan on blessing His name regardless of the season in which I am walking.

11 comments:

  1. I have tears streaming down my face right now. One of the many, many reasons that I love you is because of your sweet and sensitive spirit.

    I love that in the midst of this, you are still thinking of and praying for those of us who are still waiting for our own blessings. But do not ever let those feelings steal the joy of this pregnancy for you!

    I am so happy for you and cannot wait to hug your neck- hope you will be there tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good. Rejoicing with you guys as you continue on with your pregnancy! Thank you for the wonderful words of encouragement, yes, enduring morning sickness for 6 months is very difficult to do without complaining. But i have two beautiful, healthy babies! So God deserves praise as He alone knit those babies together. My sister-in-law wrote a beautiful letter about her last birth. Check it out on my blog. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I know! I LOVE all that you wrote, about just revelling in it... you know, we have no idea why God chooses certain people to walk certain paths, but we just have to do the best with what he has given us... and you are!

    When you said, "I can't wait to return the favor..." it brought tears to my eyes! I am SO excited for your family, Kiki!

    I am kind of thinking girl, but then if it's a boy, more sweet, well-brought-up boys for Lucy to choose from! ;)

    I am so sorry you were going through all of that emotion...isn't it an absolute roller coaster??????

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so happy for you and your family! Will be praying for you and baby #4! Wow...what great news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Kristy. I am thrilled to hear that you are pregnant! So glad that God has answered your prayers and blessed you with another child.


    My-An Ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. so thankful for that growing baby and the mom you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristy I am so happy for you and your sweet family. Baby #4 will be coming home to such a loving family. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah kristy!! how exciting to have a healthy baby growing inside you! congratulations to you & drew and the boys. it will be so exciting to see what God has in store for your family with this little bundle of joy! and the postcard is awesome! i love that idea. hope to get to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhhhhhhhh!!!! i'm so thrilled for you, kristy, and so excited to hear the wonder and awe in your voice. God's ways are mysterious, indeed, but we are rejoicing with you and eager to hear continued good news. sending much love from idaho--we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That precious baby is such a sweet, sweet blessing with an AMAZINGLY GODLY mom. Your faith inspires me friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on the new little miracle growing inside you!! When are you due?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!