Thursday, August 02, 2007

I am sure you heard...

about this.

Drew and I were on a dinner boat cruise with his company. We were not traveling along 35 or were we anywhere near it.

The captain of our ship received a call from his wife and then told us "35W bridge just collapsed." At first, I thought he was joking. I kept staring at him but his expression never changed. My first thought was "I should call my mom." I went down below to grab my purse and cell phone. There were two voice messages already, I ignored them and called my mom. She hadn't heard the news yet. I listened to my sister's voice wobble as she checked up on us. And then my fried, Deb who is in Seattle. I received more calls from friends and family through out the evening and an email this morning.

Last night, as I kissed my boys, my prayer of thanks for bringing our family back together safely brought tears to my eyes.

I pray for the families who didn't get back together safely last night, prayers that they will find comfort and peace.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are safe. I was praying for you and glad you made a post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been watching it on the news. I am so glad you all weren't anywhere near it. I didn't know you lived in that area!! I am so bad with geography and my memory sucks.

    I'm just glad you all are okay.

    BIG HUGS.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!