Sunday, August 28, 2011

Expectant

Jesus!

That was the first word Pastor Curtis wanted to say at our first core group meeting for Bayou City Fellowship.

It seems so long ago and just yesterday all at the same time.

A couple of days before Curtis sent out the invitations to come and hear about his vision, Drew and I went to Pastor Curtis and Amanda's house.

We kneeled on their living room floor, invitations in the middle of the four us, spread all around.

And we prayed.

We prayed that these friends of ours would catch the vision.

We prayed that God would rise up the leaders for BCF.

We prayed that each and every person would have clear wisdom and discernment whether they were to come and be a part of this church plant.

We prayed expectantly.

We expected God to move, to work, to do miracles.

And He has.

And we continue to pray expectantly.

We are going to be meeting publicly for the first time on Sunday, September 11, 2011.

We pray expectantly that God will fill our meeting place, Houston Christian High School at 10 am.

We invite you to come worship our Jesus with us!

We invite you to come pour out your life as we serve our community.

We are expectant with anticipation.

Check out our website. 

If I know you in real life, call me, email me, text me, dm me, ask me!  We want you there!  And we want you to bring your friends!

Consider this your invitation.

3 comments:

  1. Prayers that God will do mighty things through the church he's planting though your families. This is really exciting, Kristy. Wish I could show up with my Bible and our brood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing your heart and invitation!
    love being on this journey together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for all of you and praying too! Houston will be blessed/IS blessed already because you are there!
    (no partiality/prejudice in a Mama's opinion!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!