Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm Just Going to Write so I Can Write Something

I haven't been feeling the bloggy love lately. Meaning, I haven't wanted to write anything. So, I'm just going to write and see what comes out.

I've been feeling discontentment lately. I want a bigger house, a yard and a dog. I want to live closer to family for the reasons of having people to lean on and not having to vacation in our home states. I like where we live, don't get me wrong.

I wonder if I feel this way because we've never lived somewhere permanently before. We're as permanent as God has us. In the past, we were on a countdown. A countdown for Drew to finish school and we would move somewhere new. We've been here 2 years now and it seems like much longer. We don't have something in our future. We're living life here for as long as God allows.

We took our first exploratory trip in Texas last weekend. By first, I mean, we didn't go visit friends, we went by ourselves and stayed in a hotel. We went to San Antonio. Sage declared it the best trip ever! We visited the Alamo and learned about the war. We ate on the Riverwalk and did the boat tour. We went to El Mercado where I got a Mexican tunic shirt and a dress for Annika! As my friend, Annalee, pointed out, we're set for Cinco de Mayo now!

We went because we listened to a timeshare presentation. 2.5 hours of my life that I will never get back. And we had the boys. Never mind the fact that Drew and I are not on the spot decision makers. We, I should say, Drew, researches everything. We don't make a purchase without talking, thinking, praying through it.

But, we got two free nights in a hotel! And we said no to the timeshare. And it wasn't hard at all to say no to it.

We can't remember the last time we took our family on a trip and didn't stay with friends or family. When we lived in CT, we did mostly day trips with a little camping.

So, yeah. I'd like a bigger house, with some storage and a way for us to host our families more comfortably.

I'm kind of ready for a new adventure. And at the same time am loving living life.

Maybe I should look at my new adventure as becoming a mom of four and sending my oldest to kindergarten.

Or maybe I shouldn't think about sending my oldest to kindergarten. I'll just let that happen when it comes, that way I can't cry over it before it happens.

And that's what came out.

10 comments:

  1. I am sending you an email.

    My response was too long.

    I am starting "Team move Drew to the Burbs!" :)

    I kid.... Kind of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, you shouldn't have told me you're wanting to move. Now it's going to be very hard not to try to talk y'all into being our neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy this present status quo - the only real constant in life besides Jesus, is change - it will come!

    Praying for you all and so thankful for the times you do choose family for vacations...

    Love as always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that places "out west" are big and affordable!! Always trying to convince people to move out here :) Way to go on saying no to the timeshare!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SOOO glad you are in Texas, Kristy! I think you're right... I think it is natural to want to expand your home a bit. You are having your FOURTH child after all! I can't wait until she's here. I wonder if she'll look like Kolby? And...I need to hear more about that time share presentation. I'm so impressed that you guys went!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me smile - can you send some blogging energy my way - I need some and lots of pictures to post. Can't imagine being a mom of 4. I think that three will do me just fine - for today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just think of what a pain in the rear moving is. Then you won't want to do it anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my oh my how thankful i am you live in texas and practically around the corner from us:) there happen to be eight houses for sale in our neighborhood right now if you want to move even closer i'm all for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I can relate. Houston is the first place I've lived longer than 2 years, since 1997! Always a series of moves, but I am finding comfort today of feeling secure in one spot. Loved hearing about your SA trip, by the way. Especially scoring the free hotel with a TS presentation! You Go Steffens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's going to be very hard not to try to talk y'all into being our neighbors! thanx fot sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!