Friday, September 22, 2006

Why I am Not Up for Mother of the Year

I forgot to nurse Kolby this morning.

I got him out of bed, took him to the bathroom with me, got a cover for his diaper, went to the bathroom, took him back to the changing area, changed his diaper and put his clothes on. We went out to the dining room and I put him in the swing and I went downstairs to start a load of laundry and put the diapers in the dryer. I came back up and got Sage milk and eventually breakfast, made Drew and me hot chocolate, and sat down to eat with Sage. Kolby started fussing so I picked him up while I ate. He stopped fussing. I thought he seemed interested in my oatmeal and watching Sage and I eat. Then I put Boz on for Sage to watch while I showered and decided to be a good mom and not put my 6 month old in front of the tv...today. I put him in the bouncy seat in the doorway of the bathroom. When I got out of the shower, he started fussing. I picked him up. He stopped. Fast forward through 2 more loads of laundry, washing dishes, Kolby going down for a nap that he seemed to fuss longer than normal before he fell asleep, the 7 month old getting to our house, me finishing dishes, and laundry, feeding the 7 month old food and then finally then at 11, I realized I had yet to nurse Kolby. Last time I nursed him you wonder? 3:45am.

What kind of horrible mother forgets to nurse her sweet baby? ME! I totally and completly forgot. And you know what I really wonder, why can he go 7 hours during the day and not at night?

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh you need to go to my site and read the scoggins 2nd blog! She is running for worst mom of the year and I think she has you beat!

    Next time you are awake at 3:45 remind him of this day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH, he can go 7 hours at night; he just doesn't WANT to! :)

    I had a grin on my face reading this entry. Nice to know I'm not the only "bad mom". ;)

    You're a great mom, and you know it. Those boys are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh as I read this post, simply because it's good to know that there are other mothers out there who do things like this...just like me. :)

    I don't know you personally, but I would have to agree with Rach...your boys are very blessed to have you as their mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristy, today Tate ate some of the girls' leftover fluoride pills (got the childproof cap off and everything) so I had to call poison control. Later, Chase was jumping on Tate's bed and fell backwards over the end, landing right on the back of his head, so I had to call Glen to review how to check for a concussion. Tate almost choked Chase by putting a plastic bin over his head while he was lying on the floor and pushing down on it (right on his neck), then later bit his toes so hard he was screaming bloody murder He tried to blame in on the dog, but those were definitely human bite marks!. Britta and Sammy were up until 9:00 finishing homework, practicing instruments and studying AWANA verses, and both were upset at one point or another thinking they wouldn't be able to learn something. There is no way you can remember everything, but I bet you won't forget to feed Kolby again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!