Friday, March 30, 2007

I'm Back!

and bigger than ever! Seriously, I gained 3 pounds in one day, what is up with that? Anywhoo.

We went to North Carolina to visit my brother and his family. I love his wife! We had so much fun chatting and shopping. She gave me style tips passed on from her sister and I bought camo capris. I am so hip and now. I am waiting for the right time and weather to wear them! My brother is cool too! He really is. He and Drew got to do some fun boy things like go to the batting cage and golf. Drew's computer hands even got callusses! And it was spring there! So warm, at least 60 everyday. I got spoiled running in warm weather with no ear band and having Drew around to watch the kids, making going for a run so easy.

They have a driveway and a yard, the neighbor has a trampoline and the kids can play! Imagine having a yard, somewhere safe for your kids to play. I know most of you don't need to imagine but I am an apartment dweller, no yard and a small parking lot between the apartment and garages for Sage to ride his bike. And no way, is he going out there alone! He loves to run down the side of the building that lead right out to the sidewalk and street. We do go out for him to ride his bike. I put a chair in the driveway so people don't come roaring back there.

Kolby is crawling 85% of the time now. He is so cute. He is so sensitive. If he falls, he cries, bumps his head, cries, Sage brushes him, cries. I think he realizes that when Sage is around and he starts crying, Sage gets in trouble! He is manipulative, already! He isn't feeling well today. Runny nose, coughing, and a diaper rash. I think I see another tooth in his future!

Sage asks why ALL THE TIME. Everything I say, he responds with why? Yesterday, I was so tired of answering why, I said, "Sage, can you please not ask why for five minutes?" He answered "Otay, mama." Pause, thinking I am going to get some relief. "Why?" He has zero interest in potty training. We talk all the time about the m&m's he can earn, the stickers, the Cars underwear, and when he is completly potty trained, the guitar we have already promised. When I ask him if he wants to sit on the potty? No, tank you. Which reminds me of a story. I was going to the bathroom and Sage walks in and proceeds to ask me "Why you no push peepee in, mama?" I'll leave you with that.

1 comment:

  1. Jason responds to the repeated whys with a random number and it usually gets no response. Drew is starting to be interested in the potty but because all the BIG kids go.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!