Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Weaning rethought

Nursing isn't hurting as badly and so I have decided to forego the weaning process for now. I might still give Kolby a bottle or two everyday so that I can make sure I stay pain free. I missed it, it made me sad to be stopping. So, I decided why stop. He is doing great with going back and forth so I feel confident that we can keep this up longer.

I also learned that I might have been attaching him wrong. Did you know you are supposed to line up their nose with your nipple?

I'll leave you with that thought.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I knew that b/c I spent the first 4 months trying to get it right and at least comfortable enough to not want to cry through each nursing session! Eventually it got better and well, here we are still nursing 17 months later.

    Funny, I have a LOT of trouble w/latching and pain and had a very hard time getting support from the "support."

    How old is Kolby? Really our pain seemed to just subside once Cricket grew out of certain things. I wish I could explain it but it just kinda happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW awesome job going with what feels right. Either way you can't go wrong but it's always good when you don't feel like you're going against your gut.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!