Saturday, May 26, 2007

On the Road

We started our journey today, day one of three. It has gone so smoothly. Let me expand on how smoothly. We wake up to the boys at 6:30am, after going to bed at 1am because we are procrastinators and we waited until the day before moving for 3 months to do things like pack and clean the fridge. We were on the road by 8am watching Cars, slamming milk and eating Cheerios and granola bars. Kolby napped about an hour, Sage watched two Veggie Tales. 10:30 snack time, Teddy Grahams and juice. Time to play with toys until lunch. Drew is determined to not stop until after noon. 11:56, we pass an exit with about five restaurants. Drew turns off the air conditioning because we are low on gas and he doesn't want us to get stuck. There are no places to eat for 45 minutes. By that time, the only way, that Kolby won't cry is for me to hang my arm behind me, draped over my seat and let him pull and pull and pull. We see a gas station sign and a sign that says some town, that way, 7 miles. We get gas and I ask if we should go into some town or is there a better place to stop? Next exit, McDonalds! And not just any McDonalds, a nice, clean, pretty one. We get back in the car and tell the boys they need to nap and within 10 minutes they are both asleep. I start to doze and then Drew wakes me up because he thinks he sees a funnel cloud. It starts to rain, hard. We pull off on an exit to wait it out. The boys wake up. We pull back on. The boys go back to sleep. Sage wakes up and eats his ring pop and asks for water. Kolby took a two hour nap! We drive into our hotel and Drew notices a screw in our tire, leaking air. Drew and Sage take it to get fixed for $16 in about 30 minutes. We go swimming. Sage loves it! He can even stand in the shallow end. Kolby hates it! We go to dinner at a Hut that serves Pizza. I don't even know how to explain the most awkward meal we have ever eaten at a restaurant. The waitress stood at our table while Drew signed the credit card slip. Enough said. We came back to the hotel. Put Kolby to bed with minimal crying, like hardly any and now I am using their free high speed internet! Sage still isn't asleep, maybe because I am on the computer and Drew is watching softball? That is how a smooth day of traveling goes. Tomorrow, day 2!

2 comments:

  1. yay! you are back but gone again, but at least you have internet access! I have been thinking about you alot and am going to give you a call one of these days soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed and pray that day 2 goes half as well as day 2! Way to go Sage and Kolby!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and bring a smile to my face, so thanks!